Afghans based in Bonn - Germany and wish to obtain Machine-Readable Afghan Passports should read the following instructions carefully.
REQUIREMENTS FOR OBTAINING AFGHAN PASSPORT
- APPOINTMENTS: Applicants MUST book an appointment online prior to coming to the Consulate General. Clients with no prior appointment will not be serviced. For booking an appointment please click on this link.
- VISIT IN PERSON: An applicant MUST visit the Consulate General in-person on the date and time of their appointment. Applications sent to the Consulate General via post and/or applications in the absence of the applicant will NOT be processed.
- APPLICATION: An application must be filled carefully in BLOCK letters in English and Dari/Pashto for each applicant, with special attention to name and surname’s spelling, date of birth (Day/Month/Year), height, occupation and other specifics and accurate current address in Germany. Application forms can be downloaded here.
- PASSPORT FEE: The fee for one passport with the duration of 5 years is 120.EURO (including 5.EURO Post Fee) and 240.EURO for 10 Years, payable by EFTPOS at the Consulate General using debit or credit cards.
- The Consulate General does NOT accept cash under any circumstances.
- TAZKIRA (AFGHAN NATIONAL ID): Applicants must provide their original Tazkira to the Consulate General along with the application. If the applicant’s Tazkira is not verified by Ministry of Foreign Affairs, a copy of it will be sent to the National Statistics and Information Authority (NSIA) in Afghanistan for verification. A new machine-readable passport will only be issued once the Tazkira is verified by NSIA. All applicants who do not possess verified Tazkiras should apply for Absentee Tazkira (Please refer to relevant section for further information on Absentee Tazkiras). Starting from solar year 1396, Tazkiras issued in absence of the person which are not processed through the Consulate General, are not valid.
- PHOTOS: 2 passport size (4x4.5 cm) recent photographs with a white background is required for an application.
- OLD HAND-WRITTEN PASSPORT: The applicant must return his/her old and/or expired hand-written passport(s) to the Consulate General upon lodging the application, if available.
- CHILDREN: If a child was born in Germany and would like to apply for an Afghan passport, his/her parents, must provide:
a) Tazkira of the parents, either original or copy. The above procedure on Tazkira will apply.
b) Child’s Birth Certificate must be presented to the General Consulate along with the application.The Certificate must contain the names of both father and mother of the child.
c) Marriage Certificate of the parents must be presented to the embassy along with the application.
- PROOF OF RESIDENCE: The applicant must provide a copy of the German Residence Permit.
- EXPRESS/REGISTERED SELF-ADDRESSED RETURN ENVELOPE: The applicants are required to provide an Express/Registered self-addressed envelope. General Consulate will use the Express/Registered envelope to send your NEW passport to the designated address provided on the envelope. Please note that all other types of envelopes will not be accepted. The applicants are also required to note the “Tracking number” of the Express Post to enable them to track their post.
- Applicants are encouraged to apply directly to the Consulate General, applications submitted to the Consulate General by any agency or on behalf will not be processed and will be returned to the applicant.
- Ensure you write your full name in Dari/Pashto on the application.
READY TO APPLY?
If you have read the information given above and are ready to apply, please download a passport form, if you are applying in with family, please book separate online appointments!