REQUIREMENTS FOR OBTAINING AFGHAN PASSPORT
- APPOINTMENTS: Applicants MUST book an appointment online prior to coming to the Embassy. Clients with no prior appointment will not be serviced. For booking an appointment please click on this link.
- VISIT IN PERSON: An applicant MUST visit the Embassy in-person on the date and time of their appointment. Applications sent to the Embassy via post and/or applications in the absence of the applicant will NOT be processed.
- APPLICATION: An application must be filled carefully in BLOCK letters in English and Dari/Pashto for each applicant, with special attention to name and surname’s spelling, date of birth (Day/Month/Year), height, occupation and other specifics and accurate current address in India. Application forms can be downloaded here.
- PASSPORT FEE:
- $ USD. 120 for 5 Years for Afghans
- $ USD. 20 for 5 Years for Students, For their Family Normal Charges
- $ USD. 20 FOR 5 Years, for Afghan Refugees in India only one time
- $ USD. 240 for Lost Passport
- PHOTOS: 2 Passport Size (4x5 cm) recent photographs with a white background is required for an application.
- OLD HAND-WRITTEN PASSPORT: The applicant must return his/her old and/or expired hand-written passport(s) to the Embassy upon lodging the application, if available.
- CHILDREN: If a child was born in India and would like to apply for an Afghan passport, his/her parents, must provide:
A) Tazkira of the parents, either original or copy. The above procedure on Tazkira will apply.
B) Child’s Birth Certificate must be presented to the Embassy along with the application.The Certificate must contain the names of both father and mother of the child.
C) Marriage Certificate of the parents must be presented to the Embassy along with the application.
- In color WITH A WHITE BACKGROUND
- Printed on matte or glossy photo-quality paper
- Sized such that the head is between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches (between 25 and 35 mm) from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head
- Because the photo background is white, avoid white clothing and white scarves
- Taken within the last 6 months to reflect your current appearance
- Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera
- With a neutral facial expression and both eyes open
- Applicants are encouraged to apply directly to the Embassy, applications submitted to the Embassy by any agency or on behalf will not be processed and will be returned to the applicant.
- Ensure you write your full name in Dari/Pashto on the application.
READY TO APPLY?
- If you have read the information given above and are ready to apply, please download a PASSPORT FORM, if you are applying in with family, please book separate online appointments!
- DOWNLOAD PASSPORT FORM
- BOOK AN APPOINTMENT
- TRACK STATUS OF YOUR DOCUMENT
- CONTACT PASSPORT SECTION:
- +91-11-2410 0412